First thing first: Michael is home! Wohoo!
Second thing: I came across this really great idea for Tuesdays on a blog that a friend of a friend follows. Yes, I spent a good hour just now perusing random peoples’ blogs. Interesting stuff!
Anywho – here I am writing my very first “Hey, It’s Okay Tuesday” post. The author of the afore mentioned blog writes a weekly “Hey, It’s Okay” post that highlights a list of things that it’s okay to be okay about it. Get it?
Hey it’s okay:
– to like your dog more then 99.9% of the
people kids other sentient beings whom you encounter. No apologies.
– to check under the bed and the bedroom closet for
vampires aliens supernatural occurrences burglars, even if you’re 31! Thanks, Fringe!
– to care about causes and speak up about things that YOU care about, despite their popularity among your friends. I care deeply about marriage equality and human rights. Not everyone agrees with me. We’re still friends.
– to spend too much time on Reddit. Guilty. As. Charged.
– to not feel like you’re a failure because you don’t live a Pinterest life. I have an entire board dedicated to this kind of nonsense. You don’t need to make your own baby food to be a good mother! Nor do you have to make handcrafted soaps or hand stamped cards to be a good friend! If you do it, awesome (and post pictures!)! If not, and you’re like me and mainly on there to get wedding and recipe ideas, you’re still a GREAT person. <– I feel like I need to write a whole post about this nonsense sometime.
– to get up and dance to the 3rd song in the video above (minute 10:02)! Do it! Where ever you are, get up, dance, and celebrate being alive!!